The Refa has definitely proven its value, being one of the most stable and reliable systems on the market. It has been available for over a decade. Numerous renowned articles are published using the high-quality data acquired by the Refa. The system has been used for all kinds of electrophysiological measurements. Even though SAGA32/64+ is the successor, the Refa remains popular among researchers, confirming the quality and reliability of this system.
Refa is not intended to be used for diagnosis or treatment of disease. It is not marketed as Medical Devices and are to be used for research purposes only. Our stock is limited, so please contact our sales team to inform about the options.
The Refa system is available with 32 or 64 ExG unipolar inputs, suitable for various electrophysiological measurements such as EEG and HD-EMG. The system includes 4 auxiliary inputs and 4 bipolar inputs, so your research can easily be extended with EMG, ECG and/or EOG. Active sensors can be connected through the auxiliary inputs. Complete your set-up with the measurement of physiologic parameters like temperature, respiration, acceleration and more.
Active shielding technology assures clean signals, free of mains interference and cable movement artifacts. The Refa provides raw, unfiltered 24-bit resolution data. It does not have hardware filters, other than anti-aliasing. The system is designed in such a way, all channels are amplified against the average of all connected inputs. You can easily refer your data to any other reference you like.
No mains interference, no cable movement artifacts
Fit your needs
We offer a wide range of sensors, caps and electrodes. Do you need something else or have a specific request? Please contact us, to discuss the available options.
Polybench is our software application toolbox, a blank canvas which gives you the opportunity to create your own research application. Choose one of the pre-set functions or build your own process, it’s up to you. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
In research, questions that need to be answered are unique and often require individual analyzing methods. Off-the-shelf software is not completely customizable and modification options are limited. With Polybench you will have complete freedom in design. Data collection, measurement and analysis, it is completely within your control and not limited by specific software or systems.
Polybench can receive input from all TMSi amplifiers.
If you are familiar with MATLAB or want to analyze your data with EEGLAB, TMSi offers also a MATLAB Interface. This enables data acquisition, write and read .Poly5 files via MATLAB and export data to EEGLAB.
The functionalities in this library are limited to signal acquisitions and loading data from previously recorded data in TMSi Polybench and our MATLAB interface. The goal of this library is to give an easy programmable interface to TMSi devices, with freedom of programming. This library contains example codes and has everything you need to get you started.
The library provides:
• Sampling from USB, Wi-Fi, network and Bluetooth TMSi devices.
• (Limited) Real-time plotting of sampled data.
• Directly saving sampled data to .Poly5 file format.
• Offline export of .Poly5 data to EEGLAB.
• Support for sampling using SynFi and Fusbi.
– All functionality needed to perform on-board memory recordings (so-called ambulatory measurement) as present in the Mobita, Mobi, Porti and Saga is NOT implemented
– This interface is distributed under MIT license. The use of this interface is not supported by TMSi.
The TMSi MATLAB interface is compatible with the following devices: Refa Extended, Refa, Mobita, Mobi, Porti and Saga.
• The Refa amplifier with 32 or 64 unipolar (ExG), 4 bipolar (BIP) and 4 auxiliary (AUX) input channels
• Optical fiber 10m
• Fiber to USB converter (Fusbi)
• USB Cable (1.8 m)
• Drivers for Windows
• Patient ground cables (1.5 m)
• Patient ground wristbands
• User Manual
Different accessories are available to complete your set-up. We have everything you need to get started.
For EEG-recordings we offer the following accessories:
• 3 EEG head caps available with 24, 32 or 64 electrodes
Sizes: S, M and L
• EBA Multiconnector
• Electrode gel and application syringe
For HD-EMG recordings we offer the following accessories:
• HD-EMG Cable
• EBA Multiconnector
• HD-EMG grids in various shapes and sizes
• Double sided adhesives for HD-EMG Grids
• Electrode gel and skin preparation gel
To extend your research the Refa can accommodate up to 4 sensors.
• 3D accelerometer
• Respiration sensor
• Pressure sensor
• AUX Break Out Box
These leads are compatible with the unipolar inputs of the Refa.
• Snap electrode 1.5m
• Snap electrode 3.0m
• Ag/AgCl cup electrode 1.5m
• Ag/AgCl earclip electrode 2m
• Micro electrode 1.5m
• Fine wire electrode
• Water electrode 1.5m
• Pin electrode for EEG/NIRS
• EEG Ring electrode
• Bipolar cables for EOG, EEG, ECG and EMG