The Refa is stationary system for measuring EEG or HD EMG. The Refa includes unipolar electrophysiological inputs (ExG) but also includes four bipolar electrophysiological inputs (BIP) and four auxiliary inputs (AUX). The Refa is available in 40, 72 and 136 channel configurations. Cascading two devices resulting in a maximum channel count of 272 channels.
Active signal shielding technology
The Refa includes active signal shielding technology for clean signals and data free of mains interference and cable movement artifacts. It does not include hardware filters (other than anti-aliasing) so the raw data is always available. The ExG inputs are configured as a reference amplifier: all channels are amplified against the average of all connected inputs.
The ExG inputs can be used for meaureing EEG (32, 64 or even 128 channels) or HD EMG. The BIP inputs are used to measure additional signals like EEG, EMG, ECG, EOG. The AUX inputs can be used for measuring sensor signals like temperature, respiration, movement, force, angle, etc. Each of these channels has a +5 V and -5 V supply in order to accommodate active sensors or sensor modules.
The Refa system can be delivered with 40, 72 or 136 channels. It is also possible to cascade two Refa's, resulting in a total channel count of 272 channels. The Refa is delivered including an external power supply which plugs into the mains socket. The Refa is connected to a PC by means of a bi-directional optical fiber.
TMSi Polybench is a software application toolbox, a veritable blank canvas for the creation of customized configurations; from basic measurements to sophisticated research applications. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
TMSi Polybench can be considered a personalized “application factory” allowing the user to control the high-quality raw data input from any TMSi amplifier to build the exact system they need. Choose among TMSi Polybench pre-set functions and controls or build customized processes in pursuit of practically any conceivable desired outcome.
In research, by definition, the questions being asked have specific challenges that off-the-shelf software often cannot be adapted to meet. TMSi Polybench allows you complete freedom in design so that data collection, measurement and manipulation is completely under your direction and not limited by the design of any specific software offering or system manufacturer.
TMSi Polybench can accept input from all TMSi amplifiers.
The TMSi MATLAB Interface is a library for MATLAB written by TMSi to interface the TMSi PC Driver to MATLAB. This interface allow you to acquire data, write and read. poly5 files via MATLAB and/or export data to EEGLAB (http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/).
Functionality that is included in the TMSi MATLAB Interface is limited to the signal acquisition part of the driver and loading data from previously recorded data in TMSi Polybench or the TMSi MATLAB Interface. All functionality needed to perform on-board memory recordings (so-called ambulatory measurement) as present in the Mobita, Mobi and Porti is NOT implemented.
The code in the TMSi MATLAB Interface is a MATLAB library for sampling TMSi devices. The goal of this library is to give an easy programmable interface to TMSi devices. It contains basic examples that should be enough to get you started.
The library provides: • Sampling from USB, Wi-Fi, network and Bluetooth TMSi devices. • (Limited) Real-Time plotting of sampled data. • Directly saving sampled data to .Poly5 file format. • Offline export of .Poly5 data to EEGLAB. • Support for sampling using SynFi and Fusbi.
Note that TMSi does not support usage of the TMSi Interface for MATLAB.
The interface is distributed under MIT license, but can not be supported by TMSi support personnel.
Compatible with the following devices: REFA Extended, REFA, Mobita, Mobi, Porti.
• REFA Amplifier with 40,72 or 136 channels front-end, with 32, 64 or 128 unipolar (ExG), 4 bipolar (BIP) and 4 auxiliary (AUX) input channels • Optical fiber 10m • Medical grade power supply • Suitcase • Fiber to USB convertor (Fusbi) • USB Cable (1.8 m) • Drivers for Windows • User Manual • Patient ground cables (1.5 m) • Patient ground wristbands
HD EMG Package
• HD EMG Cable • EBA Multiconnector • HD EMG grids in various shapes and sizes • Double sided stickers for HD EMG Grids • Electrode gel and skin preparation gel
• 3 EEG Head caps (in 24, 32 and 64 channels) • EBA Multiconnector • Electrode gel
Active sensors to complete your measurement setup. The REFA supports up to 4 sensors
• 3D accelerometer • GSR • Respiration sensor • Temperature • Goniometers • Pressure sensor • Footswitches • AUX Break Out Box
These patient leads are compatible with the unipolar inputs of the REFA.
• Snap electrode 1.5m • Snap electrode 3.0m • Ag/AgCl cup electrode 1.5m • Ag/AgCl earclip electrode 2m • Micro electrode 1.5m • Fine wire electrode • Water electrode 1.5m • Pin electrode for EEG / NIRS • EEG Ring electrode • Bipolar Cables for EOG, ECG, EMG
• Optical fiber: 10, 20, 70 meters • Suitcase • Medical Grade Power Supply o SUP3 (Refa) o SUPEMCA (Refa Extended) • Patient Ground cable • Patient Ground Wristband